Environment Artist and Level Designer
I’m a passionate and dedicated artist specializing in realistic modeling and texturing. I have contributed to a number of independent and AAA titles. If you like my work or want to connect, please contact me.
My goal is to surround myself with hard-working, passionate artists and designers who are interested in creating the best gaming experience possible, and to work in an environment in which I am given the ability to grow and continue to learn.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Hard surface and organic high poly assets
- Low poly assets and UV mapping
- Photorealistic and stylized textures
- Physically based shader creation
- Lighting, Post Processing and Particle Effects
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized; able to consistently meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and love of games give me a developed appreciation of game design
- Level Editors – Unreal Engine 4, Unity, Radiant, Source Engine
- 3D Software – Maya, 3D Studio Max
- Sculpting – Zbrush, Mudbox
- 2D Software – Photoshop, Flash, Quixel Suite
- Programming – UnrealScript, HTML, CSS
- Version Control – P4V / P4Win, Dropbox
- Other – Microsoft Office, Marmoset Toolbag, xNormal
EMPLOYMENT AND EXPERIENCE
- Working on Rise of the Tomb Raider
- Creation of high and low res assets
- Created high quality tiling textures
- Helped design PBR workflow
- Optimized assets from outsourcing
- Modeling, texturing, and shader creation
- In charge of establishing Unreal Engine pipeline for team
- Created library of physically accurate materials inside of Unreal
- Helped with high level story and design decisions
- Worked on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Modeling, texturing, and sculpting high and low resolution assets
- Created LODs and up-res’ed outsourced and older content
- Helped test new pipeline for destructible and scripted assets
- Participated in QA and testing for multiplayer levels
- Modeling, texturing, and sculpting all high and low resolution assets
- Lighting, shaders, composition, and level optimization in Unreal
- Gathered reference and worked on-site in Istanbul, Turkey
Various work featured in the Academy of Art Spring Show – 2012 & 2013
Ben Nadler joined us July 30th 2012 and has consistently proven valuable to our team.Ben’s professional demeanor, willingness to learn and push quality are what I look for in Jr./entry level artists. Overall Ben’s performance has been above expectations for someone at his level.
– Aaron Halon, Sr. Development Director, Sledgehammer Games
Working with Ben, it’s been a pleasure.Great attitude, very eager to understand how the game works, meticulously reading all the documentation, and that includes pointing out some inconsistencies. Great.Honestly, he is a smart and dedicated individual. In terms of seeing the big picture, how the different disciples interact, understanding the pipeline, the use of version control (Perforce) and any other task management software, he just passed with flying colors.
– Alejandro Gil, Lead Environment Artist, Sledgehammer Games
I have nothing but good things to say about Ben from the time I interviewed him to now. He’s a guy who attacks his tasks head on and is his own toughest critic. I think this is an important recipe for success in this industry and he has these traits instinctively. I put Ben through some tasks that were a little out of his wheelhouse and he exhibited a strong passion for learning new things, for thriving outside of his comfort zone, and for pushing himself to exceed expectations.
It was really a pleasure to work with him and I would have no hesitation of recommending him in any future endeavors.
– Matt Abbott, Sr. Environment Artist, Sledgehammer Games